Monday 3 December 2012

Day 31 - Rurrenabaque to La Paz

I made my way to the Amazonas office for 6am where I met the Swiss couple again. We finally left for the airport at about 6:20am. We all boarded the plane and we took off more or less on time! (The Amazonas plane was quite a bit smaller than the TAM one I’d arrived on, and it was quite a magical flight!)



Rurrenabaque to La Paz


Outside the airport I found a minibus to take me to San Francisco Plaza, where I walked to Hotel Montanes and checked in again. On arrival I wanted to air my tent on the roof and the lady owner seemed to have an issue with this as she followed me up to the roof and told me not to leave it out any longer than an hour? I left the tent out on the roof and visited the wonderful little restaurant with the friendly staff next door for some breakfast. Here I bumped into Daniel (who I’d spent 4 days with on the Salar De Uyuni tour) and we had a chat, he said he had a great 3 days on the Isle Del Sol.

After breakfast I returned to my hotel and started to walk up the stairs to the roof to collect my tent, but the lady owner appeared and told me she would collect it for me? She then insisted I had to roll it up in the corridor inside the hotel rather than the roof!? Strange lady, I just did as just asked!

I then decided to visit Viacha Tours and explain how my jungle tour didn’t exactly go to plan over the last few days. I spoke with a young girl who clearly understood some of the issues I raised, however she asked me to come back later in the afternoon when the boss would be around. I decided to take a slow walk over to Burger King for a treat (I’d noticed it when I first arrived), however I was a little shocked at some of the prices, they appeared more expensive than the UK!

After my visit to Burger King I made my way back to Viacha Tours, were I could see the boss was sat down. I raised some of my issues again, whilst noticing another man also sat down who seemed very interested but kept quiet throughout. It turned out he was from Mashaquipe! In just a few minutes the two men had a chat and the amount of 400 Bolivianos was agreed that should be refunded! I was more than happy with the outcome, and so decided to ask Viacha Tours about doing the famous mountain bike ride down the world's most dangerous road in the morning! I ended up booking it with Solavio Hostal/Tours for the exact sum of 400 Bolivianos.

I then decided it was time I did some Christmas shopping and visited all the shops around the Witches Market where I purchased a poncho, hats, scarfs, a mask and quite a few other things! I had my evening meal at the restaurant next to my hotel again before heading back to my hotel room to prepare for my departure at 6:45am tomorrow (as I have to be at the Solavio Hostal at 7am for breakfast, before heading off at 7:30am).


Some souvenirs & Christmas presents!



No comments:

Post a Comment